Wednesday 9 February 2011

OK here is week 4. How can we have faith?

So here I am the night before the next of the Alpha sessions, this one is titled, "How can we have faith?" This is certainly going to potentially be the most challenging yet of all the sessions I have attended as this is the one area that I struggle with. I guess the first thing that I will need to understand is what actually is faith. I guess from my point of view I am looking at faith being a belief in something that I cannot understand yet I will take as being true.

This is all very scientific, I guess but then it all has to be with me as that is the way that my mind is working still. So faith is going to be the biggest challenge of all to me.

I certainly don't say I have it at the moment, but that is also not to say that I definitely do not believe. I feel like I am looking for something but I don't know what that something is. Oh well, it is going to be a challenge but I am relishing the challenge.

With all the support around me, this will be interesting and I can't wait for tomorrow. Hebrews Chapter 11 is all about faith. I guess the challenge awaits and I look forward to it.

Who knows what it will bring and whether it will bring more questions than answers. It is quite daunting because i know it is a big topic and no doubt I will spend most of the rest of the week thinking about it but there is no bigger topic... Onwards and upwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment