Thursday 24 February 2011

Me and my rabbit analogy

You know sometimes when you start something and you didn't quite realise where it was going to go. I have done that. I really have. I never expected anything to turn out like it has but there you go and my rabbit analogy has been going for the best part of two weeks now. It was just at the time how I was feeling but its significance is far from lost on me.

I am currently sat in a restaurant in a holiday Inn feeling a little better about the world than I did earlier in the week, mainly because I have managed to find a bible. I have managed to download one from amazon, which is kind of handy because I have had multiple bible verses quoted at me during the past few days and without one it has been difficult to find them. But I can now start lookin at some of the things that i have wanted to anyway. So what have I done so far today. My initial thoughts this evening was to pick up my guitar and play some worship songs, but I only know a couple cos i'm not very good, but I enjoy it. My favourite song is "Yesterday, Today and Forever" . I don't know why but I have loved that song since I first ever heard it. I think I probably spent the best part of 30 minutes playing it tonight which is quite a long time, well my fingers on my left hand certainly know about it and come to think of it so does the person in the next room.

I have actually got an internet connection tonight because i am sat by a window in the corner of the restaurant probably looking rather sad and lonely but I think in reality I am far from it. I have got a bible back on my computer and I have managed to play some songs and I am going to be going home tomorrow so all is looking quite good.

I also just want to say my sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed to my journey during the past week. I have tried my hardest to stay in touch through my blog which has been tough but I have had some wonderful words of encouragement. I have looked through all of them, some of which have come by email and some of which have been comments on the blog. I have had someone type out a passage which is a page of A4 because i haven't got a bible, and two wonderful sets of words of encouragement added onto my blog. I am humbled by the time you have taken to contact me and that you find the time in your life and the interest in what i have got. I look at the people around me and I am constantly astounded by what they do and what they have given to me, so thank you and I mean that. From my point of view I would love to put down what I have gained from those passages.

First the passage that was typed for me a few days ago which was from Joshua chapter 3. I can see the ideas that are in it and the trust and faith that you have to do to put your life in God's hands. God loves us and wants the best for us as his people and that we have to make the step into his world as it has to be our choice. It is a scary choice most definitely but one that every day looks more and more tempting. It is a lovely passage and I get the feeling too it is time for me to put my feet on the water and see if the water passes or I get very wet

Chris, great to hear from you and I have to say you sum it up so simply and so easily within the entry. Keep looking forward. I have to say Chris I am looking forward all the time with my eyes wide open, probably because i am terrified of what is in front of me, yet at the same time I can't take my eyes of it. I want to keep looking at it. I feel that if I look behind me and turn back it will be gone and I definitely don't want that to happen.

Tracy, you made me laugh, by putting it in rabbit terms, maybe I'm not the only person who thinks in crazy mad metaphors. The passage is the one about opening the door and letting him into your life and that I have to invite him in. The passage is Revelations 3 chapter 20 which in the version i have on this computer says "Listen! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and he with Me." As is usual for me I am sat with the irony... Here I am in a restaurant at a table for two and having dinner while i write this. Oh humour.. Anyway so where am I with my rabbit analogy.. I think I might have opened the door to my rabbit cage and am leaning out into the world. I have done that succesfully. I just forgot to exit my cage. You'll hear the THUMP! eventually because I think I will probably end up overbalancing, lean out too far and going splat in an undignified heap. In terms of the Revelations passage I have opened the door and stood in Jesus way. Well why would he want to come in anyway my house is always a mess.

I am also thinking about all the people I know at House Group tonight, wishing I was with them and not being where I am in the hotel. I really hope they all have a spiritual filled evening which they receive blessings from God. I have prayed for you all to have a wonderful evening and that you experience and encounter him during your house group. Anyway I am off to find some more music that I can play, so goodnight to everyone that knows me and cares and thank you for being such wonderful people. And before I go.. thank you Linda for being so wonderful, caring and putting up with me whilst I am going through this journey.

2 comments:

  1. Alex, we were praying for you tonight too! Looking forward to hearing that 'THUMP'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alex
    I am really enjoying reading your blog and, as Dave said, it is fascinating to see such honesty in writing. Regarding 'looking back' (DON'T!), you might have missed the recent sermon (13 Feb 11) in which this was discussed and illustrated. Have a look at the descriptive comment on the message for that date at: http://www.jubileechurchfarnham.org/Media/AllMedia.aspx.
    Also, do not be afraid of the Holy Spirit who was sent to be our companion and comforter after Jesus went back to be with His father in Heaven. He will not harm you or let you down. Just trust Him with your thoughts and let Him guide you. You do not need to do anything but relax into your relationship with the God that loves you and cares about everything you want and do.

    ReplyDelete