Thursday 31 March 2011

First Entry back :)

Hello blog and hello world, its good to be back. Having had
a difficult couple of weeks I have managed to get back to adding to the blog. Before
I get to where I am now here is what has happened since the last entry.


When I left the last entry I was extremely unhappy with the
way the holy spirit day had gone and was finding the whole idea really
difficult. I spent the two days Monday and Tuesday that week talking with some
friends to discuss what happened and how I was feeling. After that had all
happened my main feeling was being quite vulnerable to what had been going on
around me. I was starting to think that maybe it all wasn’t true and that I was
being carried along by the crest of a wave. Having spoken to people I got an
enormous amount of support from lots of different people and I am extremely
grateful for all that support.


There is one thing that really does strike me about the way
the course is. I have found that the course has changed since the holy spirit
day. Before the holy spirit day it was very much about information but there is
almost an assumption that everyone has given their life to God during holy
spirit day. Looking at the topics that are following that weekend are How do I
resist evil? and How and why should I tell others?


I spoke to quite a few people and I decided the only thing I
could do was to be completely honest with the everyone and I told them what had
caused me difficulty and why the day hadn’t worked for me. I believe that they
took what I said constructively. I really hope they did anyway. I said in my
last entry that I found the Sunday really difficult after Holy Spirit day but I
decided not to give up on the course and did attend on the following Thursday.
From there the story is going to continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment