Thursday 31 March 2011

Does God Heal today?

So this is the next topic on the course and well this question looks at first glance like quite an easy question for me to answer. I think the answer has to be no. Probably not the right answer. I have no knowledge of this or any experience and even less of evidence in the healing area so I guess I am going to learn all about this tonight.

When I say no, it doesn't mean I am not open to it, it means literally i have never seen or experienced or come anywhere near God healing. So this is certainly going to be a new topic for me to cover tonight. I have never asked for healing and only know a couple of people who have asked for this.

So I do wonder what is going to be covered within the topic tonight. I guess that this is going to relate to some of the miracles that Jesus performed about making blind men see and curing leprosy. Does that happen today, well all I know is that occasionally people recover from incurable illnesses, people get sight back who should never see again, people walk who the doctors say will never walk. I suppose the question comes from me along the lines of, is it that we don't understand the way the human body works or is it something more than that.

This is one session I am particularly curious about because I don't have any experience in this area at all and am interested to know more or understand what could happen. I am hoping that people are going to share some real stories with us about things they have seen. In fact I have just been reminded of one which someone told me and I have no reason to dispute them. I guess I would love to see it happen for real for myself. Oh look that leads onto the bit of the whole jigsaw that is missing. That will be the faith bit then. As always it always seems to be coming back to that. I am happy with most things and the questions and answers that I get but again where am I going to find the faith bit.

Here we go off topic again. This thing called faith is a real concept that I have more trouble with than anything else. I am not even sure what it is anyway. If i believe that God exists and that Jesus ran around the earth for 33 years (I think, sorry if I'm wrong) am I already most of the way there or am I really missing the whole thing here. This faith thing really does my noggin in. I would love to get a good understanding of what it is and what it does and I guess how do I know if I have got some?

I have found some more questions finally, maybe I can crowbar them into the conversation tonight and get some answers, that will certainly be a challenge. It is good to have some more questions.

Anyway before I go tonight, I'd just like to add my fingers really hurt now from playing guitar. Do they ever stop hurting. TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment