Friday 14 January 2011

Welcome to my Alpha Course Blog

Hiya all that know me and those that don't. This is my Alpha Blog. To give a bit of background i thought i should add some context as to what i am doing and why i am doing it. Firstly me, I have been going to church for just over 2 years and have found a church that i like the people, in fact most of them are wonderful. However I feel a bit on the outside of things and have all kinds of questions that are more confusing than anything else. I have a strongly logical brain which means if i can't completely prove it i find it difficult to believe or understand. I have seen things within the church which have amazed me but also things that have baffled me. As far as what i do within the church well, not a lot. I don't read the bible very much because i struggle to make any sense of it at all. I don't pray as much as anyone else, (it's more if i remember to i do it. I'm not sat there with a list as long as my arm to pray about). I am still left with more co-incidences (logical head on again!) than anything else.

I am seeing Alpha as my opportunity to understand what happens and what it all means and i suppose to an extent if i can really make any sense of it all. So why blog it? Well, i thought that some of my peers and colleagues within my own church would potentially be interesting and i wanted to map my journey for my benefit so i can understand better where i am and i can see what i have written as i have gone along and how my views have changed (or not) as the case may be. I don't know a huge amount about the Alpha course however i have deliberately kept it that way as i want to discover it as i go along. I know that it is going to be interesting and a challenge for me and probably for those who are running it but it is quite exciting.

One thing i will not be doing on this Blog is putting anything about who is attending the course, naming anyone or putting the location. This is about my journey and hopefully will be interesting to anyone who wants to read it.

So Alpha begins in 6 days time (Thursday 20th January) with a "Welcome Dinner". Not sure what that means at the moment. My guess is that i will be meeting all the other people who are going to be doing Alpha with me and i will be telling them about me and meeting them for the first time. I guess we are all going to be coming from different backgrounds and knowledge and it will most definitely be interesting. Looking forward in the future people tend to come out with stronger belief in God and there is a part of me that wonders what will change, (if anything) in the time i am doing this.

The important thing is i am going into this with a completely open mind and what will be will be. Oh and i forgot, please leave comments or thoughts on here as i am interested in all ideas and opinions.... See you later

No comments:

Post a Comment